Backup and Disaster Recovery
What is BDR? (Backup and Disaster Recovery)
BDR is a combination of data backup and disaster recovery tools that work together to ensure a company’s business continuity. It’s more than backing up your files. It’s a solution to get your business back to normal operations after a catastrophic event.
Why does your business need BDR?
- Business disruptions can be costly and come at you from many different directions.
- Fire, flood, lightning, or tornadoes.
- Hardware or software failure resulting in data loss or corruption.
- Employee mistakes or intentional sabotage.
- Cyber attack (data breach, ransomware, or virus).
Can't I use a thumb drive or external hard drive to backup the data myself?
You sure can, and that's certainly better than nothing, but have you considered:
- How much time (and cost) is being spent on DIY backups?
- How often is your data getting backed up?
- Is it safe from getting lost, damaged, or stolen?
- Is it getting done correctly?
- Is there a better solution?
Is there a better solution and how much does it cost?
There's no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to BDR. Cost will vary depending on your business requirements. A very basic but reliable solution can start at just a few dollars a month. Important considerations include the following:
- Recovery Point Objective (RPO):
- How much data can your business afford to lose?
- Recovery Time Objective (RTO):
- How long can your business tolerate being without its data?
- Scope and severity of catastrophic events for which your business needs to have a plan.
Can Skyline Business Technology, LLC help me come up with a plan?
YES!!! We've got you covered...
- Phone: 260-225-3133
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org